News and Events
New Donald Campbell Learning Resource
A new downloadable learning resource for schools; "Donald Campbell: A Coniston Hero" aimed at KS1 & KS2, but also useful for KS3 & KS4 has been added to our Who Was Donald Campbell? page.
A Lego Bluebird K7!
A fabulous Lego Bluebird K7 made by Ben, aged 11, over the weekend following a family visit to The Ruskin Museum on 7th April 2016 has also been added to our Who Was Donald Campbell? page.
Cultural Guides Added to Education Page
Four brand new Cumbrian cultural guides have just been added to our Education Page:
- Explore Cumbria's Museums and Galleries
- South Cumbria's Cultural Learning Hotspots
- West Cumbria's Cultural Learning Hotspots
- North Cumbria's Cultural Learning Hotspots
Blubird's Sponsons Arrive at the Ruskin Museum
Bill Smith and the Bluebird Project Team have delivered and installed Bluebird K7's two replicated sponsons, two original conserved and reconfigured spars and some original conserved and reconfigured fairings and sat them on the 'footprint' in The Bluebird Wing at The Ruskin Museum.
The completed Bluebird K7 Sponson Display will be on view at the Ruskin Museum until further notice.
Photographs reporduced by kind permission of Anthony Stuchbury © Copyright 2015.
Bill Smith - Bluebird "Resurrection" Radio Interview"
Bill Smith has just taken part in a radio programme discussing the [non-religious] theme of Resurrection, focusing on The Bluebird Project.
You can listen to the broadcast in the following ways:
- The programme will be broadcast on BBC World Service from Saturday 30th May till Tuesday 2nd June , depending on where in the world you are. Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldserviceradio/help/faq for times and how to listen
- Main UK Radio broadcast on DAB, cable, Freeview etc. is on Tuesday at 09:05am
- In the US Sirius XM satellite radio carries the full BBC WS schedule, channel 118 http://www.siriusxm.com/bbc/weeklyschedule
- Please feel free to link to us from your own web site. (We'd really appreciate it!) You can also access the show or point others to it via ITunes
- The BBC website will be active and populated by Saturday 30th May 2015, if not before, http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02s5g2m If the link doesn't work for whatever reason, please just put in Google "The Forum BBC World Service Resurrections" and it will come up
- The programme will also be available online from Tuesday 2nd June and will stay permanently on the BBC archive
- Podcast (available for four weeks after the radio broadcast): http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/forum or through iTunes
- Join in the conversation http://tinyurl.com/ykx3nzw and follow on twitter @BBCTheForum twitter-bird-blue-on-white @BBCTheForum
Thank You For Your Positive Feedback
The Ruskin Museum has been awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for attractions that consistently achieve outstanding visitor feedback with an average of 4.5 out of 5. So thank you everyone who has left us positive feedback, it is very much appreciated.
The Ruskin Museum is also proud to have recieved the Britain's Finest Quality Stamp for top visitor attractions.